Re: ssh-agent: I want to start using on all my remote hosts

On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 13:52 john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:
On 6/4/2022 8:28 PM, Tom Browder wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 10:02 Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net> wrote:
>
> You seem to be very reboot-happy. I recommend understanding the
>> impact of the changes you will make instead of assuming you need to
>> reboot to make them effective.
>

> Andy. I know I'm "reboot happy," but it's lazyness (no other users at the
> moment) and fading memory for little-used details.

At the very least, you should document what you do! :)

Actually I do and have my current ssh set up documented. And it includes note on how to restart the ssh service. (I'm not even sure if ssh-agent was around with the original ssh.)

If I recall correctly, you are setting up a server for production use,
rebooting might not be an option  when this server is put in production.

As I said, I'm still the only user, and the droplet I'm experimenting with boots up quickly at the moment (and it's not in production yet). So lazyness reigns for now  ;-D

-Tom