Re: Alcatel Linkzone sold by T-Mobile, labeled "4G LTE HotSpot

On Sat, Jun 04, 2022 at 12:11:33PM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I am using an Alcatel Linkzone sold by T-Mobile.
> It is labeled "4G LTE HotSpot.
> The WiFi has been turned off via the device's setup menu.
>
> Is anyone on this list using that device? ?? ???? ;}

Hi Richard,

>From the previous threads on the list: I suspect very few, if any, are.

Most of them will probably be using it as a portable hotspot: carry
it into a hotel room or whatever and use the WiFi it provides rather
than trust the hotel. I suspect that your antipathy to networking
and WiFi is unusual for users of this device.

> I am trying to install Debian 11.3
>   [requires non-free firmware]
>
> I have succeeded. *ROFL* ;/
>       *BUT* I'm trying to document encountered problems.

Report a bug against installation reports - or at least use the template
to tell us what's actually problematic.

> I'm developing a test procedure to be the basis of a "bug report".

Can you document it here: does it absolutely require an Alcatel LinkZone
to check it?

> I am looking for a fellow Linkzone user to be a QC checkpoint.
>
> Takers &/or comments.
> TIA

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater