Re: upgraded dddprint, my 3d printer driver today, to bullseye, but its main job isn't working.

On Saturday, 4 June 2022 13:02:35 EDT gene heskett wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 June 2022 11:37:34 EDT mick crane wrote:
> > On 2022-06-04 16:13, gene heskett wrote:
> > > Greetings all;

> > > 2nd machine I've bullseye'd. Half a T SSD drive, your basic one
> > > pony
> > > show.
> > >
> > > 1. It can't access the 3d printer, but shows it as /dev/ttyACM0 in
> > > dmesg.
> > > cura-5.0 isn't too voluable about why. How do I set that up? Worked
> > > fine
> > > on buster, for older cura.
> >
> > bearing in mind I don't know what I'm doing,
> > in
> > https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/amd64/release-notes/ch-upgra
> > di ng.en.html it says you can type "dpkg --audit"
> > To see the status of packages. Dunno if that is helpful.
> >
> > mick
>
> But now I have bigger problem. Screen blanker kicked in, turned off the
> monitor and nothing I can do from its own buttons, or from several
> powerdown reboots, will bring it back to life. but machine is fine,
> I'm ssh'd into it, and have it mounted by sshfs as if its normal.
>
> And this is even weirder, I came in here to compose this message, and
> went back to it, and its alive again, but would not accept my login pw
> until I had clicked on my name, erased it and 2 blanks in front of it,
> then entered my pw twice.  This is lightdm for xfce. I did fix the
> printer access by adding me to the dialout group. And it looks like the
> printer is working.
>
> But whats with lightdm?
> Better yet, where is the blanker configurer?  I don't see any likely
> culprits in the applications menu's.

Then I did find it,under power managment. Logical I guess but since
driving a 3d printer can be a several day task, I turned it all to never.

But it would be nice if I could enable it and it actually worked. On
buster it worked as desired, dependably.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis