Re: google account say it will no longer deliver email

On Sat, 4 Jun 2022, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

On Sat, Jun 04, 2022 at 03:45:00PM +0200, Felmon Davis wrote:

I do think Google et al. sometimes make pronouncements and then don't get
off their ass ('arse' if you prefer) - that how committees work with (or
against) other committees.

I think they do constant A/B testing. Perhaps they have a built-in feedback
loop (increase B if A loses less than a given fraction or something).

for now, I still have Alpine with the app-specific setting.

I misspoke or miswrote: I have Alpine running but *without* the app-specific setting.

They're messing with your brain. I'd leave the sinking ship.

I'm glad to have my Alpine still. we'll see.

fjd

--
Davis

Verbum sat sapienti.