[SOLVED] Re: postfix + gmail

And, of course, half an hour after giving up and asking for help, I discovered what I needed to change.

I did a "journalctl | grep smtp" and noticed that, when my machine was connecting to gmail, it seemed to be doing so on port 25. Aha!

So I changed my transport file explicitly to use port 587 when connecting to smtp.googlemail.com, reloaded everything and now it works.

(Slightly in my defence, I had briefly pondered the question of port number earlier this morning, but, since I hadn't seem any mention of it in my reading of solutions to this problem, I figured that the fact that I had enabled auth in the main.cf file must mean that postfix was automagically going to use port 587 instead of port 25. Now I know better.)

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans