Re: google account say it will no longer deliver email

On Thu, 2 Jun 2022 13:59:45 -0400
rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

> On Thursday, June 02, 2022 11:13:14 AM nemo wrote:
> > Me too except today it doesn't seem to be working. must test but I
> > think I've been shut out, using Alpine with non-secure apps
> > switched on. fjd
>
> My gmail (normally delivered by pop3 to my old version of kmail (on
> Wheezy) stopped working around 8:30 am this morning.
>
> I set up an application specific password this morning, and that old
> version of kmail (version 1.13.7 for kde 4.8.4 on Debian Wheezy)
> works again using pop3
>
> I had a little trouble setting it up until I got to the right place
> in google -- I first tried to change the settings on the gmail
> webclient page but couldn't find the correct options.  Then logged in
> on google.com and did find the correct option (Security), and then,
> in general terms, turned on 2 step verification and eventually found
> the option to set up an application specific password.
>
> I then entered that in place of the old passwords in kmail.  (I don't
> think it stated it -- I wasn't sure whether to enter the spaces as
> part of the password or not -- I did, and that worked.)

I had this same problem starting about the same time. I was in the
middle of another project and didn't have time to deal with it.
Claw-Mail was issuing error alerts every 10 minutes as it would try to
fetch gmail.

However, as of about 30 minutes ago, it is now working again, and I did
nothing to it.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster