Re: google account say it will no longer deliver email

On 2022-06-01 18:04, Brian wrote:
On Thu 12 May 2022 at 10:08:01 -0000, Virgo Pärna wrote:

On Wed, 11 May 2022 20:09:14 +0200, Fero Dali <ferodali@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for misunderstanding: it seems that my account will continue to work but
> ability to download mail with POP3 without OAUTH2 will be unavailable.

	Actually, even without OAUTH2 it should be still possible. With
two factor authentication enabled it is possible to generate app
password for use with standard authentication.

It's June 1st and my ability to collect mail via POP3 from gmail is
unimpaired. No  OAUTH2 or 2FA at this site. Whatever Google intended
the situation to be after May 30th, it appears the interpretation by
some users of their mail was off the mark.

I'd just allowed non secure apps a year or so ago and seems to be still working.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31