Re: google account say it will no longer deliver email

On 2022-05-16, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

>> Preventing data breaches are outside the scope of the user, providing
>> a high entropy password is not. If accessing a  site is of importance
>> to him, then, in your plausible scenario, an eight character password
>> effectively gives little security.
>>
>> That is not an argument for 2FA but for a user having a responsible
>> password policy to guard agains such breaches.
>
> Preventing data breaches might be outside my control, but mitigating
> their effect might not be. So I like to have 2FA set up as entering

B. purports breaches are outside user control but then with alacrity
asserts that the user should guard against them.

2FA is a mitigating factor in this real-world case (and they are
*legion*). No rational argument has been presented so far as to why it
wouldn't be (all brain-damaged "theories" and ill-formed "ideologies"
and ersatz "philosophies" by the usual straw men aside).