Re: google account say it will no longer deliver email

On 2022-05-14, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Sat, May 14, 2022 at 08:58:37AM -0000, Curt wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> What about data breaches, and sites keeping your password
>> in plain text (though it seems access to the cryptographically hashed
>> passcodes is already a pretty good leg up)? What good is our entropy then?
>
> As stated elsewhere: unique passwords. Don't use a password you're using
> elsewhere. Much less so with a site you don't trust.

As always, I'm very uncertain where your goal posts are placed or what
tacit agenda you're following. No one has advocated the use of unique
passwords.

In my plausible scenario, you're password entropy counts for nothing.
Your password, unique or otherwise, has been compromised. 2FA would
prevent illegal entry to your account in this case. The subject we're
addressing here is your assertion that 2FA adds no extra security. I
have demonstrated that it does.