Re: Installation fails to recognize SSD

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 5:33 PM David Christensen wrote:
> On the few occasions that I have tried Debian on recent hardware, I have
> found that Debian Stable may not support it.  One possibility is to try
> Debian Testing.  (That is how I ran this Intel DQ67SW / Core i7-2600S
> computer when it was new.)

It is Testing I was using (Testing with non-free drivers, which I
guess is the same installer).

> Other options:
>
> 1.  Restore Windows 10 and run Debian in a VM.  Once you have everything
> dialed in and switch to full-screen mode, it is hard to tell that Debian
> is not running on hardware (especially when the host is new and fast).

It has no Windows.

> 2.  Find a Linux distribution that is known to work on that laptop with
> that Optane NVMe drive. (It is an Acer?  What model?)  What Linux
> distribution(s) have you used in the past?

It is an Acer Aspire 5 (A515-54G). It came with Endless Linux.

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 11:36 AM Felmon Davis wrote:

> essentially in the main window hit 'ctrl + s' and see if options
> appear.

Thank you. Hitting Ctrl+S in the "Main" tab causes the "SATA Mode"
option to appear, and I can change to AHCI. I'll try to install Debian
now.

--
Bruno Schneider