Re: google account say it will no longer deliver email

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 11:44:52AM -0000, Curt wrote:

> >> You seem to be seeing these antipatterns at the drop of any hat.
> >
> > Uh -- whatever you mean to say with that.
>
> I meant that you applied (or employed) the term quite recently in a
> completely unrelated thread about openssh, and David Wright's
> observation that logging in remotely as root can be problematic.

Hm. It seems I was unclear. Trying to fix it (hopefully *not* making
it worse):

 - I do agree that logging in as root remotely can be problematic
   (especially when root has a weak password). So I think it is
   a good thing for the admin to be able to disable that.
 - I think the software forcing the admin to do that would be an
   antipattern. OpenSSH *doesn't* force the admin to do that,
   so it *doesn't* follow that antipattern.

Cheers