Re: google account say it will no longer deliver email

On Thu, 12 May 2022 15:23:25 +0200, Fero Dali <ferodali@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my second email in this thread I described why I can not get
> two factor authentication. So I still can not use POP3 here.

	Tried rechecking all mails, but did not find that mail. TOTP
based twofactor can be used even without phone app.

> BTW as far as I understand OAUTH2 and two factor authentication
> are the same thing. I might be wrong though.

	OAUTH2 is basically logging in via web brauser and then getting
authorization token, that needs to be refreshed from time to time for it to
continue work. It is theoretically open standard, but... In reallity
service providers like Google and Microsoft require certifing programs
before they can use their OAUTH2 login.

	Also, for it to work seamlessly program needs to have embedded
web browser or web server to receive authentication tokens.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee