Re: Installation fails to recognize SSD

On Wed, 11 May 2022, Bruno Schneider wrote:

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 11:18 PM David Christensen wrote:
I have Dell Latitude 5400 laptop that I have been experimenting with:

1.  Changing CMOS "Settings" -> "System Configuration" -> "SATA
Operation" from "RAID On" to "AHCI" allows Debian to see the internal SSD.

No such thing on my "InsydeH20 Setup Utility". There is a "SATA Mode:
RST with Optane", but that is information, not an option. I don't see
anything else related to SATA.

I believe I had a similar issue with my Acer Aspire - certain options did not show in 'BIOS' or whatever to call it. I had to hit a certain key combination.

ran across this which corresponds to my memory more or less (I have a different Acer):
<https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/583248/change-sata-mode-to-ahci-acer-aspire-3-a315-54k-59nz>

essentially in the main window hit 'ctrl + s' and see if options appear.

f.

--
Davis

Verbum sat sapienti.