Re: google account say it will no longer deliver email

On 2022-05-12, Virgo Pärna <virgo.parna@mail.ee> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 May 2022 20:09:14 +0200, Fero Dali <ferodali@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry for misunderstanding: it seems that my account will continue to work but
>> ability to download mail with POP3 without OAUTH2 will be unavailable.
>>

> 	Actually, even without OAUTH2 it should be still possible. With
> two factor authentication enabled it is possible to generate app
> password for use with standard authentication.

Yeah, this all seems like a tempest in a fictious teapot.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Backup_Gmail_with_getmail

 Troubleshooting
 Depending on your Gmail security, you may be left with this error when
 running getmail:

  getmailrc: credential/login error ([ALERT] Please log in via your web
  browser:
  https://support.google.com/mail/accounts/bin/answer.py?answer=78754
  (Failure))
  0 messages (0 bytes) retrieved, 0 skipped

 To bypass this Gmail security feature, one must enable access for
 less secure apps