Re: Alternatives to ISC dhcp-client ?

On Sun, 8 May 2022 09:20:25 -0400
Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

> Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Rick Thomas [2022-05-07 19:47:57] wrote:
> > > According to the ISC webpage:
> > > Can anybody recommend a good replacement?
> >
> > Depends on your needs, but `busybox` provides a dhcp client that's
> > good enough for the most common situations.
>

> The package name is udhcpc.
>
> -dsr-

Right, it's not (yet?) tagged for provides/dhcp-client but at home
would probably do the trick for me, too. Alternatively there's dhcpcd5,
which is tagged and also specifically mentioned on the ISC's eom-page,
though apparently a much broader solution. I'll be using the
legacy one until it's actually removed from Debian and then switch to
whatever is recommended, if anything and provided it's not networkd.

Oliver

https://roy.marples.name/projects/dhcpcd