Re: Alternatives to ISC dhcp-client ?

On 5/8/2022 5:24 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:
On Sat, May 7, 2022, at 8:14 PM, Jeremy Ardley wrote:
On 8/5/22 10:47 am, Rick Thomas wrote:
ISC has ended development on the ISC DHCP client as of early 2022.
This client implementation is no longer maintained and should not be
used in production any longer.
Can anybody recommend a good replacement?

I presently use systemd-networkd which provides its own DHCP v4 and v6
clients, and servers if you want.

In my network my dual homed router acts as a dhcp client to the ISP and
gets an IPv4 address and is delegated an IPv6 /56 range.

You can just use systemd-networkd as an IPv4 dhcp client.
Jeremy

Is systemd-networkd automatically installed by Debian?

I ask because my "testing" and "stable" systems all show isc-dhcp-client as installed and running.

For a regular installation of Debian, yes.

--
John Doe