Re: Networking book recommendation

On 5/6/2022 12:36 AM, Tom Browder wrote:
On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 16:07 David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com>
wrote:

On 5/5/22 12:31, john doe wrote:

At the time I set up this, I googled this subject and came to the
conclusion that SSH through VPN was a better fit (flexibility, two
layers of security, VPN advantages when connecting on public wifi) for
me.

The only experience with VPN I've had was when I was working from home back
in 2010 running Debian on a company laptop and a kludge Cisco VPN program
that somehow "just worked."

If I go the pfsense/Netgate route (it has a VPN capability) what client do
I use on my Debian hosts both internal and external?

According to (1), that could be OpenVPN.

As I'm not using pfSense, I can only point you to the doc! :)

1)  https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/recipes/openvpn-ra.html

--
John Doe