Re: 11.2 sometimes wrong /etc/resolv.conf

Christian Groessler <chris@groessler.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> when I boot my laptop with Debian 11.2 and LAN cable connected, I'm
> sometimes getting a wrong /etc/resolv.conf.
>
> The resolv.conf is not in fact wrong, but it's the one from the Wifi
> network. But when booting with network cable connected I want to have
> the resolv.conf of the cabled network.

I think you mean when you're plugged in both wifi and ethernet are
connected and your whole connection is over one or the other, probably
whichever connected last? So your question is really, how to turn off
wifi when using fixed ethernet? Using NetworkManager, one might guess?

It's surprising to me this doesn't seem to be handled by NetworkManager
GUI. Or actually when I think of how weird and broken and undocumented
NetworkManager is, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Anyways, here's an explanation on how to make NetworkManager do what I
guess you want it to do:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/487640/disable-wifi-on-connection-to-ethernet-with-networkmanager