Re: Wayland vs X

On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 10:07:39PM +0100, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> OK, that stinks, I'm super-happy with my WM and it's
> configured and all. See? How do they expect anyone to switch
> to a supposedly superior solution when there are all these
> obstacles and limitations?

I don't think anyone is switching.  What I think is happening is that
old users (like us) are staying with what we know, and some new users
are using Wayland/GNOME because it's the default that Debian selected
for them.  Some of the new users who grow up on Wayland may eventually
move on to other desktop environments, or other windowing systems, and
will become the next generation of old cranky gurus.