Re: Simple and secure blogging software for nginx

Thank you for your thoughts, Russel,

On 2022-03-11 18:40 UTC+0100, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> Christian is talking about three different projects, each of which is
> demanding of time.
>
> Securing and maintaining a web server is a difficult matter.  But when
> you can purchase hosting for US$4 per month, is it worth your while?

Absolutely true. I do it on my own for fun and learning. If I only
wanted the diary, I would contract a hoster.

> Maintaining a blogging engine is a wholly different matter.  And most people are
> looking for an engine which is requires little or no maintenance
> (Blosxom, for example) and is simple and natural to use.  WordPress

I will look into this.

> began as a blogging engine, but quickly morphed into an all-consuming
> religion.

:-)

> Writing a public diary about moving to a new town is yet another
> matter, and should not be constrained by either the blogging engine
> or the web server.  That task can easily consume all of your time.

I don't hope so! I want to enjoy the new town! :-) (Actually I will live
there for only half a year, at least that is the plan). The diary is for
me, my friends and my family.

> You need to decide on your primary goal and focus upon that.

Running and writing the blog. At the moment I tend to a static
generator, which would probably also make archival easier?!

Regards,
Christian

--
http://www.cb-fraggle.de