Re: Wayland vs X

On 2022-03-11 12:47 UTC+0100, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> I have used Gnome on Wayland since late 2018.  It improved a lot with
> the release of Bullseye.  I use this setup on two machines, a laptop and
> a desktop that has two monitors.  So far I have not had any issues with

And what is the practical _advantage_ over a X11 setup?

The question is serious. Everytime I tried Wayland, something was not
working as expected, uncomfortable to use and so on. Yes, Wayland
support has improved a lot, but I still do not really see what I miss
because I stick to X11. I know that Wayland has a cleaner design, but
that bothers me not too much as a user.

Regards,
Christian

--