Re: Simple and secure blogging software for nginx

I am a long-time user of Debian, Emacs, and LaTeX.  I began blogging
with version 1.0 of WordPress, but soon I grew weary of the constant
need to upgrade.  Over the years I have tried many (if not most) of
the blogging engines, hoping to find a static engine which could read
LaTeX markup.  I even tried Blosxom; it was better than many.

But not until this year "habe ich Nirvana erreichtet."  (Forgive my
poor deutsch; I am attempting to quote Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha.")
The key is that I am using "make4ht" to invoke "text4ht".

This allows me to compose in LaTeX and provides me with a set of .html
files (and even a .css file) which I upload to a hosting service.  One
hosting service I use runs Apache; the other runs Nginx.  Both work.

In LaTeX, I use "report.cls" for the blog; each blog posting is a
chapter.  The postings are listed in a table of contents.  Adding a
new post involves a run of my script "make.blog":

make4ht -c config.cfg -d blog-url blog-url.tex

Life is too short to mess around with a markup language other than
LaTeX.  Work always in LaTeX.

RLH

--
How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight,
except their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had shut them up?