Re: system lock up, not sure if related to "your system is too slow"

songbird wrote on 10/03/2022 14:44:
Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
songbird wrote:
    i did install the dummy package and uninstalled the intel
but that did not leave me with a system that booted to the
desktop so i put it back.

Did you take a look into `dmesg -l err` and `Xorg.log` in this case?

   no, i didn't, too hard for me to see or sit to squint at the
screen to be able to read.  the login prompt and screen fonts
are so small that i type it all in by memory and can usually
get it right.  i used to have it set up where all the terminal
fonts would come up with a big enough font that i'd not have
that problem, but i've not been dealing much with the raw
terminal screens enough to do it on this system yet.

   songbird

Maybe this website can help with the console font size:

https://www.linux.com/topic/desktop/how-change-your-linux-console-fonts/

Regards,
Jörg.