Re: system lock up, not sure if related to "your system is too slow"

songbird wrote on 08/03/2022 16:35:
Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
As far as I know, the xserver-xorg-video-intel is deprecated for modern Intel
CPUs. With an Intel Core i7 7700 the kernel `modesetting` works well here:

Something like

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Intel Graphics"
    Driver      "modesetting"
EndSection

in `/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-modesetting.conf` or `/etc/X11/xorg.conf`.

Keep just the `xserver-xorg-video-dummy` on the system for dependencies.
And for video acceleration the package `intel-media-va-driver`.

   i did install the dummy package and uninstalled the intel
but that did not leave me with a system that booted to the
desktop so i put it back.

   songbird

Did you take a look into `dmesg -l err` and `Xorg.log` in this case?

Regards,
Jörg.