Gnome/VirtualBox/Windows copy-paste CR issue.

Hi All,

I have Debian 11 in a VirtualBox, guest to a Windows host. The
guest additions is installed, with bidirectional clipboard enabled.

When I select text in a Gnome application like Gnome Terminal or
Gedit, and then paste it into some guest application, there are extra blank lines.

If I paste it into GVim, it reveals the cause: instead of extra blank lines,
GVim shows embedded carriage returns: ^M at the end of every line.

(Windows programs do not understand this as a Windows line ending; for instance
if we paste into Notepad, it shows interleaved blank lines.)

This is quite strange; other virtual machines, e.g. Ubuntu, don't exhibit this behavior: same version of VirtualBox, same host. I've basically never
seen this before!

I tried copying and pasting something out of other applications running
on that same Debian 11 VM, such as Firefox and LibreOffice Writer.
The issue does not show up.

Within the Debian 11 system, there is no problem either; e.g. copying
from Gnome Terminal into an edit control in Firefox or whatever.

Any advice on where to go looking?