Re: Installing/Preparing Debian on a headless system

On 2022-03-09 18:57 UTC+0100, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

> Which Raspberry Pi model - Pete Batard has a version of UEFI that works on
> a Pi 4 and can boot enough to then use the Debian installer. Essentially,
> you put UEFI and the raspberry pi firmware package in the ESP on a USB stick
> or disk.

I have model 4 B. Sounds interesting, although the preferred solution
would be something, which does not involve attaching a USB keyboard.

> Otherwise, you can probably use one of Gunnar Wolf's images which will
> allow you to ssh in as root initially. See his pages on the Wiki.

OK, I have to see that again, sounds good. From what I saw on
raspi.debian.org, I understood that SSH is enabled, but not for root.

> All the very best, as ever,
Wish you the same,
Christian

--