Re: Problems with custom install of MATE

Let's press reset a little.
For reasons not directly tied to Debian, I'm no longer purchasing DVD sets on any media.
I am still constrained by a low data cap.
My system installs *will* continue to use "--no-install-recommends":
 1. It conserves limited resource [i.e. data cap]
 2. It reduces workspace clutter. What constitutes "clutter" is strongly
    influenced by resource constrained systems I used in 60's and 70's.
    It is now largely an aesthetic judgement.

The time I spent using DVDs was worthwhile.
I now have a good idea of how my system should look/feel and function.

My procedure will be a text mode install using netinst.iso followed by a script using apt-get. I could use preseeding but will be more comfortable with a a script.