Re: How do I make Debian Mate look like Linux Mint Mate?

On 9/3/22 05:00, didier gaumet wrote:
Le mardi 08 mars 2022 à 12:14 +0000, Ottavio Caruso a écrit :
Hi,

Warning: I might have asked this question before and somebody gave me
the answer but I did not save it.

My system : https://termbin.com/h9j0l

I am thinking of migrating from LMDE4 to Bullseye Mate but I want to
retain the Mint look and feel. How do I do that?

I have run the Live CD image of Debian Mate Bullseye but it doesn't
look
remotely as cool as the one on Linux Mint.

Actually Mate was dropped by Mint some time ago. I suspect the
customizations come from Cinnamon, but I am not sure.

If anybody has a clue, any input will be appreciated.

Hello,

I suppose you could search for packages containing "theme" or "artwork"
or something similar in their name that are present in the LMDE4 repo:
http://packages.linuxmint.com/list.php?release=debbie

Good afternoon Ottavio

Or even:

http://packages.linuxmint.com/list.php?release=elsie
for lmde5 (bullseye) packages.

I'd like to ask another question. Apart from the panel, how much of the desktop do you see for more than a few seconds that it takes to log in?

I rarely see anything other than the panel and making that look how I want is pretty easy in Mate. My tastes are simple so I go for a solid colour.

But from memory, you can have a background image.

Desktop and log in screen are an image I choose outside of Mint.

--
All the best

Keith Bainbridge

keithrbaugroups@gmail.com