Re: Sharing photos from Linux to Apple devices

On Tue Mar 8 20:20:41 2022 Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:

> Most of my relatives now have Apple devices, and we can share photos
> and videos among ourselves.
>
> I, on my Linux computer, have about 32 Gb of slides I digitized some
> years ago (they are also duplicated on my Windows computer). I have a
> Google account that currently has 100 Gb of storage. I also have an
> iCloud account with 200 Gb of storage.
>
> Can anyone suggest a good way to get my Linux (or Windows) pictures
> onto some site that Apple devices can use?

If one of those Apple devices is a full-fledged computer, just open
a terminal window and rsync the files across from your Linux box.
This is how I transfer files to and from my wife's Macbook.
It's fast, efficient, and doesn't need any third-party facilities.

Once you have the files transferred to an Apple computer, your relatives
can share them using whatever Apple mechanism they prefer.

--
/~\  Charlie Gibbs                  |  Life is perverse.
\ /  <cgibbs@kltpzyxm.invalid>      |  It can be beautiful -