Re: linux kernel and nvidia - never ending story

On 3/8/22 5:05 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Tue, Mar 08, 2022 at 10:46:35AM +0100, Hans wrote:
No, of course not. It's you to blame, for upgrading your system.

Hilarious!!! (Please bear with me for a moment because it is actually
tragic, but .......)

Why might it be hilarious?. Well, speaking in generalities, typically
when someone has a problem, "popular" comments

in the first response(s) is(are) to provide more information, upgrade to
the latest version of the software -- duh, I am a

little (or should I say very) dense. What is a person to do? Guess write
this reply to the list. Unfortunately most people

will probably not think it is funny.

Actually in the opening post, the writer said he was debating posting.
My response: Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem he describes is just a specific case within the bigger
problem or the more general case. Often times,

as a person starts making changes, new problems proliferate faster than
they can be solved.

I recently came across a list of 10 code words.

    A couple I remember are:

        id10t

        ip8

Don't think that is an accurate assessment of the situation.

FWIW, there is significant merit to:

    DO NOT UPGRADE!!!!!!!!!!

Just a thought. Am not intending to hijack the thread. Just pointing out
that the current problem is a subset of

a larger problem.

Once again, thank you for the first post that started this thread. Some
of the viewpoints expressed in reply have been

both interesting and informative -- perhaps not an area with a lot of
occupants on a VENN diagram

Have a good day. Looking forward to continue following (in silence) the
rest of this discussion