Re: how many W a PSU for non-gaming Debian?

Linux-Fan wrote:

>>> CPU power doubled to account for short-time bursts.
>>
>> Double it, that something one should do?
>
> In Intel world, yes :) In AMD world it seems to be slightly
> better, cf.:
> https://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph16220/119126.png
>
> The TDP is given in the labels whereas the actual max power
> consumption observed is in the diagram. It seems that for
> AMD systems, the most extreme factor observed there is
> 143.22/105 = 1.364 [...]

OK, included ...

> SSD highly depends on the model. No need to argue for one
> general figure over the other. I think my SSD is specified
> 14W, but it is large and not the "newest" :)

OK, it says the SSD and RAM are

  Corsair Vengeance LPX · DDR4 · 2*8GB=16GB · 3600Mhz

  250GB Kingston KC 2000 (SSD/NVMe/M.2)

if one can find exact digits, that's optimal, but what do you
search for to find out? I mean in general? The model name
and ... ?

Anyway, the computation now lands at 307 W.

  device  model/category                     max W   note
  CPU     AMD Ryzen 3, 4 cores                89     exact plus extra   [i]
  fans     80 mm (3K RPM)                      9     3*3W =  9W        [ii]
          120 mm (2K RPM)                     12     2*6W = 12W        [ii]
  GPU     geforce-gt-710                      19     exact            [iii]
  mb      Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming AM4   101     exact excl CPU    [iv]
  RAM     DDR3 (1.5V)                          3     actually a DDR4   [ii]
  SSD                                          2.8                     [ii]

total, with +30% wiggle room:
(ceiling (* 1.3 (+ (* (/ 143.22 105) 65)
                   (* 3 3) (* 2 6)
                   19
                   (- 166.2 65)
                   3