Re: What should I put inside the file called wlan0?

On Wed 02 Mar 2022 at 09:01:55 (+0100), Stella Ashburne wrote:
> From: "David Wright" <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>
> >
> > As long as you have "source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*" in your
> > /e/n/interfaces file, then you can call the file wlp7s0, or wlp3s0,
> > or anything else, and it will be read. That line in quotes is now
> > the default in Debian.
>
> Just so to be clear......
>
> The contents of my /etc/network/interfaces file are:
[ … ]
> If I have a file called dave in /etc/network/interfaces.d/ and its contents are:
[ … ]
> Are you saying that my /etc/network/interfaces file may look like the following so long as the line "source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*" (without quotes) is present?
[ … ]

> > BTW does this mean you've given up on iwd?
> >
> For the moment, yes. I encountered the same problems when I tried iwd on Fedora 35. The folks of Fedora community were unable to help me fix it.

You don't have to worry about the division of information between
/e/n/i and /e/n/i.d/ because iwd doesn't use them. And the
security information used by iwd is stored in separate files
under /var/lib/iwd/, and its permissions are all rwX------.

I'm opening another thread on that subject.

Cheers,
David.