Re: system lock up, not sure if related to "your system is too slow"

On 2022-03-06 07:12:10 -0500, songbird wrote:
> when i search for this kind of problem on the internet i come
> up with:
>
> https://itectec.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-why-am-i-getting-event-processing-lagging-behind-msg-in-ubuntu-20-10/
>
> which says ignore it
>
> while the following two give me the hope that it is some
> kind of bug that might get fixed.

> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-input-libinput/-/issues/46

My opinion is that the behavior is normal and that the bug is the
message itself, i.e. libinput misdetects a potential issue. No-one
knows the cause yet, possibly a buggy timestamp. AFAIK, users
(including me) who see this message haven't notice any slowness
issue.

Well, only if you get something like more than 100ms, perhaps you
need to worry. But even 100ms, that's a fraction of second, thus
not related to a lock up.