Re: how many W a PSU for non-gaming Debian?

Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Unfortunately the motherboard was worst-case 166.2 W, not the
> previous estimate/approximation at 80.
>
> The 166.2 (motherboard W really doesn't include the CPU?)
>
> So no it says it is is worst-case 277 W, and with +30% wiggle
> room it is 361 W :(
>
> back to passive 400W I guess ...

  i tried to build my system to use as little energy as
possible but it can still play videos and compile programs.

  the idle watt use or when just sitting here typing text
in a terminal is 57-58watts.  if i turn off the speaker
system i can reduce that down to 46-47 watts.  if it goes
idle with the screen blanker it will go back to about 20
watts.  booting up and loading will increase the load to
about 100 watts at times.  apt-get update will peak at
about 180 watts when it is unpacking the index files.  i
haven't yet done a kernel compile or big build but i think
it will be in that range.  i only have one tiny CPU fan
and i love that it is a such a quiet machine compared to
my last monster which sounded like an airplane taking off
when it ran.

  no matter what you end up getting i hope it makes you
happy with the results.  :)

  400 watt power fanless PSU.  all seems to be doing ok
so far other than some kind of lock up (keyboard or
compositor issue not sure yet) once in a while.

  songbird