Re: apt-key deprecation.

Le 05/03/2022 à 20:04, Cindy Sue Causey a écrit :
On 3/5/22, Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> wrote:
Hi,

When I update my packages I get the warning :

W:
https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/dists/buster/InRelease:
Key is stored in legacy trusted.gpg keyring (/etc/apt/trusted.gpg), see
the DEPRECATION section in apt-key(8) for details.

I looked at section DEPRECATION in apt-key, but did not find how I can
extract those keys from /etc/apt/trusted.gpg and put them in trusted.gpg.d

What would be the easier way ?

Yes I already saw this but

1) How do I extract keys from /etc/apt/trusted.gpg ?

2) Can I completely remove the file once I have extracted all non-debian keys from it ?

Putting the key in another location and specifying where to llok for each repository does not work, because of packages which add their key in /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d (one example is spotify, and I think micorsoft teams)

But my problem is with the lack of documentation for transitioning from old scheme to new one.