Re: how many W a PSU for non-gaming Debian?

On Sat, 2022-03-05 at 14:07 +1300, Ash Joubert wrote:
> On 05/03/2022 14:00, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> > So I should get a passive 400W then.
>
> My last attempt to build a completely silent PC with a standard desktop
> case and PSU failed because the passively-cooled PSU buzzed at very low
> loads (idle), *exactly* when I wanted it to be silent.

I had a similar problem with a new PC I got a year ago but I bought it
ready made, so I replaced the PSU and got a refund from the original PC
supplier. Thing is, I replaced the PSU with the identical model [1] as
the reviews on Amazon didn't complain about noise, sure enough, the new
one was silent so the old one was duff (possibly some inductor not
wound rigidly or touching another component).

[1] SilverStone NJ450-SXL

--
Tixy