Re: how many W a PSU for non-gaming Debian?

Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE wrote:

>> Conclusion: a 300W PSU should do it!
>
> "might do it"
>
> If (= provided that) you can trust the manufacturer for that
> statement "300W PS".

You mean they are known to supply incorrect specifications?

>> https://www.buildcomputers.net/power-consumption-of-pc-components.html
>> https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gt-710.c1990
>
> all by rule of thumb - and it's a very thick thumb with
> carpal tunnel syndrome I reckon.

You think the approximations aren't exact enough?

I have a list of the PC components here:

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/ebchw/COMPUTER

If you take a look at these digits

  GPU          geforce-gt-710           19
  CPU          AMD mid end (4 cores)   125
  fans          80 mm (3K RPM)           9    3*3W =  9W
               120 mm (2K RPM)          12    2*6W = 12W
  motherboard  high end                 80
  RAM          ~DDR3 (1.5V)              3    actually it is a DDR4
  SSD                                    2.8

one can already (thanks to Tamas) be happy with the GPU data,
that's official; and fans, RAM, and SSD seem to be negligible
(but of course the more exact the better including negligible
cases) - so what remains is the CPU and the motherboard.

You're right, I'll look for better data on those!

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal