Re: Which flavour for a 2GB RAM laptop?

On 03/04/2022 04:47 AM, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
One of my memory slot has died, so I am running a Thinkpad with 2GB ram

I suspect the specific model of Thinkpad may be relevant.
HTH

only. I have been told that, even if I put a 4GB ram module in, it won't be as fast as 2x2GB ram (true? Stop me here if I am wrong). Never mind put an 8GB stick; it might not even work.

At the moment I'm running a heavily hacked LMDE4 (Buster) with a lot of Mint customisations off. What flavour of Debian should I replace my LMDE4 with? And does it make any difference? My memory hogs are Chromium and Firefox, the rest is ok.

Thanks, merci, grazie.