Re: Wine fails because of missing libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll

>  > I'm pretty sure the problem is the Wine DLL files were built without
>  > the -static-libgcc flag
>  >
>  > Time to file a bug?
>  >

> I think it is

I'm looking for the exact package that contains zlib1.dll but I can't
find it. Libwine depends on libz-mingw-w64 but the zlib1.dll there is
not the same as the one wine puts in the drive_c directory. The one in
drive_c directory is a PE32 DLL and the one provided with
libz-mingw-w64 is a 64 bit one.

I confirmed zlib1.dll needs libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and this one needs
libwinpthread-1.dll and... I can see a DLL hell in advance.

Where does this zlib1.dll come from? It appears everytime wine creates
a drive_c directory, even for a new user.