Re: wikis: moin-moin : plain text (was: Re: What should I put inside the file called wlan0?)

On Thu, 3 Mar 2022, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

On Tuesday, March 01, 2022 10:34:40 AM Tim Woodall wrote:
I now discover that
moinmoin is no longer in bullseye so my wiki-pages about it are all gone

I don't remember many details about moin-moin (is there a dash?), but many
(most?) wikis have text stored in an almost plain text form (possibly with
some amount of various varieties of markup).

If you can find the data file(s) you might try reading and searching them with a
plain text editor.

Aside: One of the goals of my  wiki / askSam workalike (being developed, but
at least one usable iteration (by me ;-) ) is to allow me to keep text files
(with markup) on my local computer (for searching and editing) and allowing
those to be easily uploaded (and downloaded when changes have been made
online) to an online wiki (Foswiki / TWiki),

Oh, I can definitely recover it, just that I no longer have a buster
machine to quickly get it up again. I missed testing this during the
buster->bullseye upgrade and I've now got another project eating up my
spare time so setting up a new machine and getting it working again
needs to be "scheduled"

There isn't much there anyway, it's a fairly recent thing, but I'd
started to migrate my note taking to it (I chose moinmoin on the grounds
that the debian wiki uses it so I guessed it wasn't likely to be
dropped...)

My setup was (like everything I do :-P) unnecessarily complex so I
either have to roll the machine back that supported it to the
pre-bullseye backup or allow a weekend to get everything setup again on
a new machine - which includes things like firewall rules, dns and
goodness knows what else. I think I have a moinmoin page telling me
how I set it up. :-O