Re: Wine fails because of missing libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll

On Mittwoch, 2. März 2022 18:34:22 -03 Miguel A. Vallejo wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Finding and placing missing DLLs into the Windows directory of Wine is
> easy.
>
> I think the problem is the windows executables in wine have not been
> compiled with the -static-libgcc option of MinGW, so not including all
> these libgcc DDLs can be considered a bug itself.
>
> But compiling it without -static-libgcc can be considered a bug also.
>
> This is why I'm asking.

We are talking about closed source here, don't we? I don't see any
straight forward way to know how the programs have been compiled except
reverse engineering. Not going to do that. Contacting the provider of
the Windows-Programs IMHO would not help either because "it works on xxx
version of MS-Windows".
If the problem is a bug or changes in Wine (6.0.2 is a development
version - no?) Wine-HQ would be the right place to ask, I think.
Either way debian-users does not seem to be the right mailing list for
this kind of problems.
Unless this is a packaging problem ("...repack..."?) but I don't know.

I can't help I'm afraid.
._._.
--
Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE