Minimalistic IMAP web client...

Hi,

I set up Dovecot as an IMAP server just for local users on a server: so no database, no LDAP, just local users with Maildir in their own home directory.

SMTP in this scenario is unrelevant, because my users just have to access archived email. The server doesn't send nor receive mail. Don't try to understand why.

But my users are very "primitive" and I don't have time to waste with their Thunderbird configuration, so I would just point them to a web site where they can access the same mail. What I need is just a web interface for the IMAP access. This web site should allow users to login with their local credentials on the server (remember, they are local Unix users).

It seems very simple, but I didn't find anything just like that. Roundcube, for instance, seems a good choice, but installing it on Debian forces me to configure a database for the users, which I really don't need and don't even want to use. Squirrelmail is another good choice, I thought it was a typical PHP application that you just drop in /var/www/html, making just some changes on some config.php, but it's not exactly like that.

Any hint would be really appreciated!

Best regards.