Re: systemd user@###.service failure causing 90 sec delays during boot, login

On 1/03/22 12:05, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 10:28:49PM +0000, KCB Leigh wrote:
This operating system has worked excellently for months, but for the last 2 days has suddenly been taking a very long time to boot.  The cause of the delay can be seen from the syslog:

Obvious question 1: what changed 2 days ago?

Apologies for replying to the wrong message; I've already deleted the older ones.

This reminded me of a problem I had a couple of months ago, where it took a long time to log in. I notice also you'd just installed ufw for firewalling.

My problem turned out to be that starting the user@xxx.service requires a network connection on the loopback interface - I was experimenting with nftables and had neglected to allow that.

Check your firewall for loopback connections?

Cheers,
Richard