Re: What should I put inside the file called wlan0?

On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 10:43:52PM +0100, Stella Ashburne wrote:
> Dearie

[...]

> According to Debian Wiki WiFi How To Use (https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse), the reason for doing the split is:
>
> (sic) Restrict the permissions of /etc/network/interfaces, to prevent pre-shared key (PSK) disclosure

I see. As others have already noted in this thread, your WiFi PSK
isn't usually a high-value secret; besides, if someone has access
to your computer, she typically has more valuable things to look
for.

One might construct scenarios: having a quick look at your laptop
in the bar while you are in the restroom, then stealing your bandwidth
(or doing nasty things from your access point's IP). But hey.

That said, you're your network's boss, so it's on you to decide.
There might be reasons to not reveal it (or, let's be realistic, to
make access to it a bit more difficult).

Cheers