Re: systemd/dhcp v. ntpd

On 2/12/22, Tim Woodall <debianuser@woodall.me.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2022, Lee wrote:
>
>> Any idea what the chances are of getting an enhancement request for
>> the dhcp client to add an
>>  ignore option;
>> that says not use the option given by the dhcp server?
>>
> isc-dhcp-client? zero.
>
> https://www.isc.org/dhcp/
>
> The client and relay portions of ISC DHCP are no longer maintained.

*sigh*
https://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/4.4.3b1/dhcp-4.4.3b1-RELNOTES
  NOTE: The client and relay components are now End-Of-Life.
  4.4.3 is the final release for those components.

How does one figure out what the replacement dhcp client software is
going to be?

> It's on my todo list, along with ntp, to move to something else...

I've seen references to chrony and ntpsec as replacements.

Regards,
Lee