Re: Misremembered

On 2/16/22, Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@einval.com> wrote:

>> > I think McAffe would disagree.
>> >
>> Sorry, but that spammer is so disagreable that he would yell insults at
>> the guy in the mirror, he is hitting my inbox 4-6 times a day with msgs
>> that insult my inteligence because I haven't renewed a service I've never
>>
>> had nor needed.  And its been going on for months.
>> > .
>
> "That spammer" has been dead for a while, I think. You've just got some
> random spam advertising anti-virus products to you. Block it/ignore it
> and carry on? Probably going off-topic for debian-user if we rant
> about spam too much :)

Pretty funny that I saved my draft of a similar thought process at the
same time yours hit the list. I was just checking my email archives
for those very same SPAM emails before sending.

It might or might not be about Debian-User in that case. The ones I'm
receiving are strangely targeted. They're being addressed to my first
name at AOL. I had a-sumed they were from a particular genre of
(unreciprocated) followers out on social media, but maybe they came
from us posting on here, too. That was a topic on here a while back.

That first name at AOL occasionally changes to something other than my
own. On too regular an occasion, it becomes a relative's first name,
instead. That potentially hints at some heavy duty online stalking
being perped in the name of obvious phishing.

Please be safe out there.....

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey