Re: Installation on a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13

On Vi, 11 feb 22, 15:24:55, Charles Curley wrote:

> 1) The graphics are terrible. Both graphical and text mode are
> scrunched into the top third or so of the screen, with two copies
> across the top. They are damn near unreadable.

That's likely because your graphic chip is not properly recognized and
the OS is using some low resolution. That image is displayed by the
hardware 1:1 on the physical pixels of the screen.

There should be a setting in the BIOS / UEFI Firmware to stretch the
image over the entire screen. The image quality will likely be poor, but
it should be readable.

> 2) How do I tell it how to pre-seed? In booting I never get access to
> the boot command line.

Sorry, can't imagine what you mean here. Pre-seeding is a function of
the Debian Installer, which (as far as I recall) is always waiting for
some input at the first menu. There should be an option to get to a
command line by pressing some key.

> Thinkwiki doesn't seem to mention this beast.

Maybe because it's not a *Think*pad?

Kind regards,
Andrei