Re: Memory leak

On 11/02/2022 17:58, Charlie Gibbs wrote:

It seems to be the fashion nowadays to leave one's web browser up 24/7,
with dozens of tabs open.  Personally I can't understand this - I seldom
have more than two or three tabs open at once, and most of the time I
have only one open, which is why I treasure the option to not display
a tab bar when only one tab is open.

That would be very very ineffective for me. I work with dozens of things
all over internet everyday. Opening these pages every day again and
again would take time to find the bookmarks, click each of them or load
entire tree, wait for entire tree of bookmarks to load.. Why? I just
keep tabs open. Most used tabs which I check every few hours I keep
pinned, they change from tab into an icon only.

Also, I shut down my browser
(Seamonkey, for what it's worth) when I'm not using it; this reduces
load on the system and might even help security a little bit.

You seem to have very limited internet usage. This is unlike many of us
here.
I keep my e-mail client and browser profiles (separate profiles for each
multi-tab window, each profile has separate purpose also for security
reasons) open 24/7. Also I run entire flock under firejail, that keeps
it very secure.

However, if this is a non-negotiable item for you, and the problem is
with Firefox, I suggest you either take the discussion to a Firefox
forum or just learn to live with it.

Firefox ESR has a setting in GUI where you can decrease max. number of
processes spawned, as I mentioned in my previous message, that helps a
lot when you have limited memory. I run my work PC with 64 GB ECC.
Enough for everything. :)

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀