Re: Memory leak

On 11/02/2022 17:01, Celejar wrote:
So I've heard. So is this something I just have to live with? Does
everyone have this problem? I actually did used to kill firefox when I
was experiencing memory pressure - it certainly relieved the immediate
problem, but I think I found that not all the memory used was returned,
and when I restarted firefox, the problem of running out of memory
often returned before long (i.e., in much less time than after a fresh
install).

Yes that's typical for today's browsers. I never close browsers/reboot
my home-work computer, right now I have 2 days uptime and 17 GB memory
allocated between my normal day to day tools.

Go to Firefox Settings / Performance
Untick Recommended settings and change Content process limit to 1. Like
in the screenshot.
That will decrease memory usage.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.