Re: Memory leak

On Fri, 11 Feb 2022 09:53:17 -0700
Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2022 11:06:01 -0500
> Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I seem to have a serious memory leak on my system (Lenovo W550s) - the
> > memory usage seems to slowly but more or less steadily keep
> > increasing.
> >
> > This is a more or less normal (I think) desktop installation of Sid,
> > running Xfce4. Typical applications used are Firefox (currently with
> > just one extension: uBlock Origin), LibreOffice Writer, Sylpheed,
> > Xfce4 Terminal, and Liferea, all from the official repos.
>
> Firefox left running for days on end is a possible culprit.

So I've heard. So is this something I just have to live with? Does
everyone have this problem? I actually did used to kill firefox when I
was experiencing memory pressure - it certainly relieved the immediate
problem, but I think I found that not all the memory used was returned,
and when I restarted firefox, the problem of running out of memory
often returned before long (i.e., in much less time than after a fresh
install).

Celejar